Monday 28 March 2011

Evaluation - Question 2

Evaluation


2. How does music represent particular social groups?

There are so many different music genres these days and these can represent different social groups or make personalities. For example; Indie is now quite a popular genre of music, it follows with its only style, dress sense, hair styles, make-up personalities and voices. A few years ago Indie wasn't known like it is today it was more or less categoriesed as folk music. Rock music used to be associated just with men but now there are a lot more females into this kind of music and image. So many people get influcenced by the clothes they wear, there friendship groups and even their personalities.


Here is another social group of results I got from www.findyourtribe.com ...
The type of language I used for my magazine has been impacted by my social group. Typical language is causal and informal language but not so much slang and no swearing. I  used language that I hope my audience can relate well to and understand. My magazine represents the Indie social group, therefore they will have the same things in common. They will share the same interests, language being one main thing therefore I used language to represent the social group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment